Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pictures...aren't worth a 1000 memories if you forget to take them...


I am a huge picture taker...in fact I am not in many pictures since I am always the one behind the camera.  After the barn burned, I realized I didn't have any pictures of what the barn looked like before.  So many times I don't realize I never took a picture of something until it is gone.  Or when a loved one passes, I realize that I didn't have that many pictures of them. 

For one of my Christmas presents to farmer Chris I gave him a poster with farm pictures and our logo "Family Farms Cooperative".  We brought it tonight to Purple Porch Coop, one of the places we sell our food (meat and eggs), which was nice to show our customers who hadn't been at the farm yet.  Many of the customers asked about the fire and as we were showing them pictures we realized that we didn't have any of the actual barn...sure now I have them after the fire.  But Chris recalled a time back when my first son was only one and we visited.  This was before we were farmers, but my father in law had his horses there and I believe my brother in law was just starting to farm.

So guess what I had to do when I got home... you guessed it, I had to find the pictures....


And then I remembered I had ridden on a horse before, wow is my memory bad.  Please remember this was back in 2001 (farmer Chris made sure I wrote that), so be nice.  They had made changes to the barn since this picture.  This is me riding with Kyra, farmer Chris holding the horse and my nephew Gid in the back.  Our son Jackson wasn't even one yet, I am pretty sure he is sitting on a hay bale somewhere.

I am more aware of the pictures I take, I don't leave the house often without a camera...I hate the feeling when you lose something and you don't have a picture.  Especially for the kids...

While I was looking for the pictures the kids got to see things they don't remember doing...and then I got asked why I took them to Florida when they were babies, and don't now when they would remember it.  Well some day they will appreciate them...right?

Have a great night...

Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment