Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Marinated, Breaded Lamb Chops

Chris doesn't ask for much...he is pretty laid back, and I don't like to cook, no scratch that I am lazy and hate remembering to buy the ingredients, or I hate planning, I like to pull something out of the freezer that morning and have the ingredients to cook it in the house because with four kids, the idea of making a special trip to the grocery store is not fun.  But I figure with all that he does for our family he deserves some good food every once in a while and that usually happens when some of our good meat (ends up in our home freezer.  And I found this recipe and I had all the ingredients in the house.

Sometimes we get the meat when a seal is broken...we have just switched Butchers - so I won't be getting many broken seal packages -- if you buy from us you will see a difference in the packaging and how good it looks.   I ended up with a package of Lamb Chops after some confusion with a customer, so I thought I would try a recipe.

Our new packaging!


4 chops per package... sealed so good it took me a while to get it open!

Marinated, Breaded Lamb Chops with Rosemary and Garlic


Ingredients:


1 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 sprig fresh rosemary, bruised 6 lamb chops (FFC or PPC)
2 eggs (FFC or PPC)
1 cup bread crumbs

Directions:

1. Mix together Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic and rosemary in a non-reactive bowl. Place the lamb chops in the marinade and turn. Refrigerate, uncovered, for 1 1/2 to 3 hours, turning once or twice.


Marinating the chops...


2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.

3. Remove lamb chops from marinade and set them aside. Discard the rosemary sprig. Whisk eggs into the leftover marinade. Spread breadcrumbs on a large plate.

4. Dip lamb chops into the egg/marinade mixture, then into the bread crumbs, coating evenly. Place the breaded chops into the prepared baking dish. Discard marinade/egg mixture.

5. Bake for 20 minutes and turn chops over. Bake for 15 more minutes or to desired doneness.

I don't have a picture of the finished product...it came out and it was eaten very fast...but I am happy to say Chris loved it, and so did I.  The flavor was awesome!

Hmmm....perhaps I will find something else in the freezer to try this week!  If I keep doing this, Chris will probably bring something home every week.

Have a great day,

Michelle

1 comment: