Saturday, January 16, 2010

Building after the fire...

While we have a while before we will be ready to build after the barn fire, it feels good to move into a positive direction, especially for the children. We have many people coming to us to want to help...and it is probably the hardest thing for Chris and his father to let happen, it seems crazy since when one of my friends recently had a family tragedy, I jumped up to help them in any way I could, but when it happens to you, you feel why am I worthy of peoples help. So why is it so wrong to allow other to help us.


Someone sent me this...after I told them we would get through it.

"I do not want to pass up the opportunity to allow you to enjoy the gift of giving... I have learned this year that to not allow someone to help you... takes away from allowing another to enjoy the blessings of giving! In other other words, if we are always to proud to ask for help then others cannot give to us. And then others cannot receive the best gift ... feeling like they made a difference today for the better good, above yourself, by the act of "giving"."
 
Purple Porch Coop had some inquiries from our customers on wanting to help so we came up with an idea to have people demonstrate community with us. We will be building a new facility that requires 6x6 posts. If you would like to purchase a post for the new facility, the Hebrons will be very thankful and place your name on that post. You can provide them with $20-25 per post or give it to the Co-op for this purpose. 




 
This is the barn Chris drew the other night while we were out celebrating Jorja's bday -- of course it was done in crayons and things may change, but it felt good to see the future. All the kids were drawing cards for Jorja and Cyrus' even included a burning barn...so I think Chris thought maybe there should be a better picture in their heads. They were very excited about it...it sounds like him and Tony talk about all of the things they want to do. Cyrus has picked out all of the colors (not sure if they will be the final ones....but I am happy they are seeing some joy).


I ask that you keep one family in your thoughts...our friend (Maryann) who introduced us to Pete (horse) was asked to call the original owners -- Chris nor I could do it. I think the hardest part for us was that we had just gotten him, and I had fallen in love with him...something I never planned --- but it was terribly hard for our friend to call them and I will be forever grateful to her for doing it. God does know that Petey was loved tremendously the time we had him.

Tomorrow after church we are planning a family day up at the farm -- hmmm fire brings you closer...it is nice to be around people that understand your loss, or why you can break down crying with out warning. I am actually going to see what’s left of the barn - I have only seen pictures so far and talk to my piggy’s that are still with us....over 50...all of the chickens and sheep and hopefully take some pictures. I hope to share some with you soon.

  xoxoxo
 
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, you have such a fantastic family! As difficult a time as this is for all of you, I'm glad you have each other for support. And listen to your friends who want to help, darnit (I won't curse here!!)!! BTW, Sam said he wants to help build your new barn.....and Katie thinks it should be pink! Love you Hebron's lots!!!

    AnneMarie

    ReplyDelete