Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year...

Wow I could go on and on and explain why I haven't posted for a very long time, but let's just say that summer and veggies make for a busy farmers wife and becoming the PTO president, this time at the kids middle school makes the farmers wife insane but happy for the new adventure.
I wanted to share my Lasagna Soup recipe, it is one that five out of six Hebron's love and if you add my brother in law's family it is 9 out 10 Hebron's.  I made it the night before heading to the farm, added the noodles in the a.m. and kept it warm in the crock pot for our Farm Lunch.  And for those that know me or follow me, a recipe has to be easy for me to even attempt it, and really easy for me to make every couple weeks.  Perfect for the winter months.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!



Lasagna Soup
makes 8 - 10 cups
1# bulk Italian sausage
2 cups onions, chopped
1 cup carrots, diced
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
2 Tbsp. garlic, minced
4+ cups chicken broth
1 can (14 1/2oz.) Italian-style stewed tomatoes, chopped
1 can (10 3/4oz) tomato sauce
1 cup uncooked mafalda pasta ( I use a whole box because my kids like more noodles less soupy)
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1 cup provolone cheese or fresh mozzarella, diced
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
4 tsp. thinly sliced fresh basil

Prep all ingredients.
Brown sausage in a large soup-pot over high heat.

Add onions and carrots; saute 3 minutes.
Stir in mushrooms and garlic; saute 3 minutes.
Add broth, stewed tomatoes, and tomato sauce, bring to a boil.
Drop in pasta and simmer until the pasta is done (+ - 10 minutes).
Stir in spinach and cook until wilted

Place 1/4 cup of the diced cheese into each soup bowl and pour soup on top. Garnish with Parmesan and basil
makes 8 - 10 cups

1 comment:

  1. Well Happy New Year to you!! I found your cheerful blog through a facebook page, probably Farmwife Support? Very nice to meet you. Looking forward to browsing your writing!
    ~oklahoma

    ReplyDelete