Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Good Old Fashioned Pancakes...

The kids are off on break still so me and my little helper made "Good Old Fashioned Pancakes" and scrambled eggs this morning.

This is my helper Cyrus! We made...

Good Old Fashioned Pancakes

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/4 cups milk (used Raw Milk from Family Farms Coop)
1 egg (from Family Farms Coop)
3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

Chris got me a new Calphalon Nonstick Pan for Christmas so my pancakes won't stick anymore...



And of course we had to use our syrup from Dodd's Sugar shack that we sell at Family Farms Coop. We always put powdered sugar on our pancakes...the kids love them and would eat them everyday if I made them.


Hope everyone is Happy and Healthy, I sure do love having the kids home on break, although Jackson spends most of his time with Daddy at the farm...tomorrow is egg day at the farm and the day we pack orders for http://www.purpleporchcoop.com/! Have a great day.

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. what? no heritage farms whole wheat flour? or family farms butter?

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever heard the story about the shoe makers kids who don't have any shoes? I think if I keep this up maybe they will give me more of our products to test. :)

    ReplyDelete