Monday, December 28, 2009

Newest Family Member --- Pete the horse

For about a year we have been casually looking for a horse to have at the farm. Kyra has been taking riding lessons on and off for about two years. We got a call from a friend who was with someone who was wanting to sell their horse. Their only concern was that it went to a good family. We took Jackson and Kyra out to take a lesson on him, they didn't know we were checking him out to purchase. This was Jackson's first time riding and he loved it, and he loved Pete --- we finalized the deal a week before Christmas. On Christmas morning we had four envelopes on the tree -- and they opened them at the same time to learn we got a horse. Jorja May just loves telling people about our horse. He was delivered to the farm on Saturday. I actually rode him bare back, oh he is good. I can't remember if I have ever been on a horse, if I have it was many many years ago. Here is Pete.

Isn't he cute. He came with everything you need when you own a horse. I have learned that he loves the Nerd candies, haven't gotten any yet. But he does love Apples and some treats that we got from my niece for Christmas. I have to say I was a little nervous about getting a horse, but one ride on him, I am in love. He look around at the chickens and lamb and think what is going on. Hope to get more pictures soon.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas....

Love,

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. I love horses. So does my mom. I hope to have a horse one day. And chickens. Maybe even a goat. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete