Thursday, March 17, 2011

Flip flop wearing Farmers Wife!

Oh it is hard not to get excited!  I pulled out my flip flops yesterday... well they weren't ever put away, but I got to wear them outside.  Yes, have you ever seen a flip flop wearing farmer's wife?  It is really the only way this lady rolls in the spring/summer/fall (or no snow weather) -- they are easy to clean, although they sometimes get stuck in the mud, but really comfortable feet make me a Happy Farmer's Wife!  And as we were loading to get into the truck to head to the farm, my 4 year old also made me find hers...because after all if mom has to wear them, she does!

Jorja May and I have been going to Kyra's school (middle school) and help teach skating, or in some cases pick up some of the kids.  It has been a great two weeks, I guess you take some things for granted!  I used to skate home from work in Chicago from the loop to Lincoln Park - it was faster then the "L" or driving, and it felt great!   Some how we always have stakes around our house --- people hand them down to us so the kids have followed in my skates and enjoy it....now we have to find some to fit a four year that will probably whoop our butts once she gets going.  It has been great watching several of the kids who have never been on skates and two weeks later they are skating around the gym!  It is exhausting, and I am grateful the gym teacher fought hard to get this program for the kids.  We have been going for two classes every two days, I can't imagine teaching it everyday all day long, but it confirms why I am so grateful for the teachers that love their jobs, we have been blessed at both of our kids schools with teachers who love what they are doing and have really become a part of our family!

I found these flip flops, they might be too dangerous to wear while doing the chores... I am pretty sure if I had a wedding renewal I would wear flip flops this time, although I wore ballet slippers the first time I got married and everyone thought I was crazy, but that confirms how much I dislike shoes!!!


I hope you get to go out and wear your flip flops soon!!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I can raise you one. I didn't wear ANY shows when I got married in our church. I have TERRIBLE ankles and knew I'd break my neck in heels and plus, I always wanted to be married barefoot.

    I wore white flip flops to my reception. :) In November. In Georgia but still in November. Flips rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We in Nipawin Sask. Canada are in a Relay for life Team, which raises money for Cancer for your family and friends who have been touch by it. I wanted to let you know that our team is called " Farmers in Flip Flops" and we are going to be walking around the track all night long with our flip flops on. Aren't they just great:)

    ReplyDelete