Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Well we surrived 2010. We had many ups and downs with our biggest being the barn fire that happened one year ago on January 6th, but I always believed after that...the year could only get better, and it did. We made many new friends and got to spend quality time with our old friends. I ended my long run on PTO board at the kids school and now can just enjoy volunteering when I want to or I can just go in and hang out with my kids.

My four kids still amaze me and I still can't believe I was blessed to be their mom.
                                                  Cyrus, Jackson, Jorja May and Kyra

We lost our dog Mcgee to old age...(14 years old)

Mcgee (14 years old)
 and gained Jones who has wiggled his way deep in my heart.

Jones (puppy)

Jones (9 months old)

My husband the farmer still surprises me with his crazy ideas...which his mom warned me about .... about 20 years ago. I know she is in heaven saying I told you so, but I know she wouldn't have it anyother way.

I always try to look at the positive side of things...so this year we all have grown as a family and as farmers! I never try to imagine what I will be doing in 10 years, because as long as I have Chris by my side, my kids and my friends...I know things are going to be just right! Besides living with Chris one never knows what we will be doing in TEN years...but I am pretty sure it involves muddy boots and more animals!

I wish everyone a Happy New Year and I am hoping to make a difference this year!


ps. I forogt to mention another huge event in 2010 -- Farmer Chris started a blog...so now there is proof I don't make this crazy farmer up!




No comments:

Post a Comment