Sunday, June 6, 2010

Strawberry Salad Dressing...Yumm!

Strawberries are here and I actually got some for our personal use...you see the goodies usually go to the customers first and my sister in law and I only get them if some are left over after a coop or we complain enough so Chris or Richard saves some for us.

Strawberry Salad Dressing


A good friend of mine made me this salad after I had one of my kiddo's and I love to make it every summer!

 
¾ cup Sugar
1 ½ Tbsp diced red onions
1 ½ Tbsp Poppy seeds
¼ tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Dry Mustard
1 cup oil (vegetable or olive)
1 tsp salt
¾ cup Vinegar
5 to 6 Strawberries diced

Directions: Mix sugar, garlic, salt, vinegar and mustard together. Add onion and strawberry. Add oil stir 2 to 3 times and mix in poppy seeds.

I double the recipe….to make sure I have enough for a while.  Shake well before you pour, I store it in a tall container with a flip lid, but anything will work.
Pour it over ----
Salad: Spinach, strawberries, tomatoes, mushrooms and pine nuts. (I use whatever salad we have from the garden)
Yummmm....that is all I can say!

Warning....make sure you have alot of lettuce on hand, because once you eat one bowl you will want to keep eating it! I think Farmer Chris might have even licked the bowl - but don't tell anyone I said that!

Have a great week!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment