Monday, June 28, 2010

A Farmer's Breakfast


A Farmer's Breakfast
Originally uploaded by The Hebrons
Well I guess it could be considered a Farmers Breakfast when the person who gathered the eggs, raised the bacon, grew the chard and fresh herbs and threw it all in a pan and tried to serve it to his family...is my husband --- our farmer...my loving hard working husband, who 15 years ago July 1st made me the happiest person in the world.

Mind you when I said I do --- he wasn't a farmer, and farming had never been in any of our conversations, but I knew the man I was marrying was passionate (and a dreamer)-- and providing for his family was very important to him. And if you had come up to me then and said, Michelle in 15 years you will be feeding pigs, have four children, chasing turkeys and picking eggs -- I would have thought they were insane, but I am not someone who tries to figure out how my life will pan out...I want to live each day with my best friend and these crazy little farmers we are raising. And if along the way we get to feed people with our hard work -- that is a bonus.


My aspiring foodie husband thought this breakfast up Sunday morning, while I sat outside tending to our puppy outside. As some of you have come to understand, Chris is the cook in the house -- doesn't follow recipes, makes it up as he goes along, hence the reason when customers ask me how to do something with some meat we raise - I have to ask the Farmer/chef!



Recipe:

Fresh Herbs, 3 eggs, bacon, Sunny Meadow Raw Cheddar Cheese and Swiss chard. Cooked in a pan with oil.

Hope you enjoy this...Happy Anniversary to my Best Friend/farmer/father/husband!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment