Sunday, April 18, 2010

Asparagus...

We had our first 6 pounds last week for sale at Purple Porch Coop... I can't believe I got so excited about it... of course I don't get any for our personal use... but it was exciting to sell it to our great customers!  Hopefully more this week... we will see!

This means every week we might have more surprises...Spring is here - perhaps someone should tell Mother Nature!

Have a great week!

Michelle
________________________________________________________________________
Here is my favorite Asparagus Recipe:

Roast Asparagus with Shaved Parmesan (from Weight Watchers)

1 1/2 pound(s) asparagus, tough stems snapped off
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, coarsely ground, or to taste
1 oz Parmesan cheese, aged-variety such as Parmigiano Reggiano, at room temperature

Instructions

Preheat oven to 425ºF.
Spread asparagus in a single layer on a nonstick baking sheet; drizzle with oil. Roast, shaking pan once or twice during cooking, until asparagus is fork-tender, about 10 to 15 minutes (varies greatly depending on thickness of spears).

Remove from oven and arrange asparagus on a serving plate; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Using a paring knife or microplane, cut paper-thin slices of cheese and arrange over asparagus. Yields 1/4 of asparagus and cheese per serving.

And remember it has to be easy if it is my favorite. :)

4 comments:

  1. i got my first pound of local asparagus yesterday. can't wait to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, I love asparagus! Wish I had some right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Selina - I updated my post with my favorite recipe -- it is only one point with Weight Watchers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum - I love asparagus on the the grill - with olive oil and sesame seeds! - Greg

    ReplyDelete